Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know if I'm the only one...

2 posters

:: General :: Suggestions

Go down

I don't know if I'm the only one... Empty I don't know if I'm the only one...

Post by Jebus Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:36 am

I think that you shouldn't keep updating the site - it's pointless. Personally I think you should keep ONE layout for a while. Over the past few days not only has the background changed, but all of the buttons have. I don't know if it's just my computer but it just doesn't look right, things aren't loading etc. Furthermore, the site has done okay without the "Search" function. Why add one now? You don't even need the latest topics either... To me it just seems like you're adding things "because you can".

If you kept the one layout with the same buttons, it'd be simple and effective. Sure, occasionally update the site, but you don't need to do it every week (which is what it's been so far). Just remember this: simple is effective.

EDIT: I've been going around looking at other sections, going to reply... But I can't? I don't know if it's just FF screwing up on my once in a while, but there's no place for me to leave a comment. It can't be that I'm not allowed because a) I replied there before and b) it says I can at the bottom. I'm just wondering... Is this the side effect of the updating of the site? If so, that's yet another reason not to change the site every day or two.
Jebus
Jebus

Number of posts : 130
Favorite System : PCs. Very Happy
Custom Title : Godlike. Very Happy
Registration date : 2008-10-10

http://www.pleasego.screwcamels.com

Back to top Go down

I don't know if I'm the only one... Empty Re: I don't know if I'm the only one...

Post by RSR Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:59 pm

All this stuff is happening to me too...
I'll go try to fix it...
As for the graphics, I just have to get more made.
RSR
RSR
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 71
Favorite System : Wii
Custom Title : Sum Miles Christi
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

I don't know if I'm the only one... Empty Re: I don't know if I'm the only one...

Post by Jebus Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:07 pm

They're all good, but that's the problem. You'll make one good one and want that, then make another good one and want to use that. Like I said there's nothing wrong with a bit of change every now and then, but when you change it all the time then a) all these thing happen and b) not everyone gets to see 'em... especially those that aren't on a lot (such as Jack).

Another "problem" I've noticed is that I no longer have the "right permission" to view some pages which I previously have. One of these is the "watched topics" thing on the profile. Again, I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's everyone else, but I'm pretty sure that people are allowed on that specific link, since it's in their profile 'n' all. I suppose that last problem isn't too important because like... It's the watched topics section - I know which topics are the best. Razz
Jebus
Jebus

Back to top Go down

Post by RSR Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Alright. I'll check that too.
RSR
RSR
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RSR Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:21 pm

Does this current theme look good?

EDIT:

Fixes Permission Problems
RSR
RSR
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebus Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Bad news and good news. I'll start with the bad news. For me, the watched topics links still doesn't work - I don't have the right access. On to the good news. Very Happy This skin = the best yet imo. For starters, it's easier on the eyes. Like I said, simple if the most effective. Razz Another major plus about this particular one is that you can read what you write in all the boxes. In the previous ones I had a white background with white font... That didn't go well. Razz

Anyway, keep up the good work. Very Happy
Jebus
Jebus

Back to top Go down

Post by RSR Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:30 pm

Jebus wrote:Bad news and good news. I'll start with the bad news. For me, the watched topics links still doesn't work - I don't have the right access. On to the good news. Very Happy This skin = the best yet imo. For starters, it's easier on the eyes. Like I said, simple if the most effective. Razz Another major plus about this particular one is that you can read what you write in all the boxes. In the previous ones I had a white background with white font... That didn't go well. Razz

Anyway, keep up the good work. Very Happy
Same here Razz
Personally, I like these basic starter skins alot, but I'll have to see what Amanjira says.
RSR
RSR
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebus Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:39 pm

I'm like you, I always prefer the basics skins and looks of everything. I feel that when you start to edit things too much it becomes cluttered and, like I've said before, it makes it look as though you are adding things "because you can".

Because you seem like the most capable designer out of all the people on the website, I would say that, even though Aman is the owner of the site, you should have the most say in the look of it. But then again, that's just me. I have a feeling that Aman might not appreciate that view. XD
Jebus
Jebus

Back to top Go down

Post by RSR Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:42 pm

Razz
ty,
and can you access everything you couldn't before now?
RSR
RSR
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebus Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Yeahh Very Happy Like I said in the chatbox thing, you're a genius. I'm surprised that you were able to sort it out so quickly. I assumed that it was going to take a while for you to get around to all of it, the layout and permissions etc. I say bravo. Very Happy
Jebus
Jebus

Back to top Go down

Post by RSR Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Thanks man! Very Happy
RSR
RSR
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebus Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:54 pm

You're welcome. Razz and that is yet another reason why you should have more say on the layout and style of the site. not only are you the best at it but you also seem to be able to fix most of the problems like that *clicks fingers*. XD
Jebus
Jebus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: General :: Suggestions

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum